Upland Rules and Conduct
It may look like a pixel duck, but it’s worth remembering that behind every avatar is a real human being. With that in mind, it’s in everyone’s best interest to respect each other. Here are some guidelines for being a harmonious Uplander:
- Don’t abuse, harass or threaten any other players.
- Don’t impersonate other players or the Upland team.
- Don’t dox or expose other players’ identities without their consent. This includes any information about another user’s identity, including their name, phone number, email address or physical address, even if a player discloses that info first.
Respect the life, liberty, and property of others, and don’t deny yourself or someone else an authentic metaverse experience by cheating. Methods of cheating include, but are not limited to:
- Owning more than one account as a player (“Multi-Accounting”)
- Using tools or techniques to alter or falsify your location (“spoofing”)
- Intentionally exploiting a bug in Upland to gain a reward
- Attacking Upland servers, databases and player accounts
Upland is a metaverse open for everyone. Content created and stored on Upland servers may be reviewed or removed if it’s inappropriate or illegal. This content may include:
- Sexual or pornographic content
- Obscenities or derogatory content
- Content that promotes illegal activity
- Content posted with the intent to abuse or harass another player
- We will review reported or flagged player accounts and content to determine whether or not they violate the Terms of Service and/or these guidelines. Accounts found in violation may receive a warning, and the player may be sent to Alcatraz.